Friday, June 1, 2012

TEA TOWELS. SEWING FOR FUN - 4

So, few posts ago I showed new tea towels I made for my kitchen. Do you know what tea towels are suppose to be used for? This is correct! For clean dishes and for putting under the rolls/breads and such. The problem is, in my kitchen they would be used for hands hence will get very spotty very fast. And because I spent two days making them this was not the future I wanted for them. The answer is - hand towels. But does anybody want to spend anytime making something knowing it is going to the trash pretty soon? Not me! So, I came up with these hand towels, they are decorative, you can throw away but safe your labor.


I buy bar towels, they are cheap ($9.99 for 24) and they do a good job.
First you put the towel on the scrap of fabric and decide how big of the top part you want. Cut out two triangles with 1/2 inch seam allowance. Snip off the top corner.






From the thin strip of fabric make a tie, or you can just use a ribbon.
Machine stitch these triangles together on two sides, right sides inside and "ribbon" placed between them.
Turn the whole thing inside out.
Put the corner of your towel inside the triangle, fold the rough edges inside and machine stitch them.
Voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment