Thursday, June 7, 2012

DECOUPAGE. SECOND LOOK.

First time I've heard of decoupage was about 18 years ago. And my reaction was:"What? Cutting pictures and gluing them on the furniture? I am sorry, but I did it when I was five and was punished for this." Later I saw some pictures of it and left them unnoticed, some even made me think "ugly!". But then something happened and I wanted to learn how to do it. OMG! If you go a little bit dipper then bottles and cutting board - it is a whole new world.

Give it a second look and you may find a new hobby!


These three pieces were created about two years ago. The mirror we inherited from W's old house and two chairs... well, they came from the garbage collector in our neighborhood. I just have "before" and "after" pictures, but if somebody is interested I would post a tutorial (The pieces are in our "oriental" bedroom and I am currently making something else to go there). BTW, this is one way to cut out images, the paper is beautiful Japanese wood print giftpaper - I did not want to cut out the warm golden background).









No comments:

Post a Comment