Tuesday, May 22, 2012

SEWING FOR FUN

I never thought i would be making clothes for myself... Probably, because the last time I was making them it was out of necessity. But now it became kinda fun.


My first project (simply because I was ready to ruin some fabrics) are 7 sets/pieces of nightware. I am already done with three sets. This first two a pretty similar: soft knitted fabric in two colors. For pattern I used BabyDoll from http://wkdesigner.wordpress.com/2008/05/18/baby-doll-summer-style/. And the third one... Well I wanted something with the influence of the beginning of the twentieth century (we just recently watched Night in Paris). The thing is - most likely if I would see this set in a store I would not look at it twice. But when I made it and put it on, we both agreed it was flirty, sexy, playful and defiantly calls to mind The per-WW1 times.

I used Simplicity 9188 with only one change: I used tie instead of elastic for the shorts. I also made them one size bigger to resemble "bloomers".


No comments:

Post a Comment